Getting a New Construction Loan in Virginia doesn’t have to be hard.
We make getting a new construction loan stress-free, after all, you have enough to concentrate on! Right? Whether you are building your dream home, or a builder interested in financing new construction, we can help.
Construction financing resources from Fairfax Mortgage Investments can help free up time to build, pack, and move in.
We are one of the top mortgage brokers in Virginia. We offer competitive low mortgage rates and a full menu of construction loans including;
- Conventional New Construction Loans
- Low Down Payment FHA New Construction Loans
- No Money Down; VA New Construction for Veterans
- Second Homes and Investment Property Loans
Our loans allow interest-only payments during the construction phase of your project, then convert to a traditional mortgage after construction is completed.
We will work closely with you to help you choose the best new construction loan for you. We walk you through it step-by-step to make your construction loan process easy.
Should I get a New Home Construction Loan?
Before you start shopping for a new construction loan there are a few things you should consider. First, you should decide if you want the loan to cover just the construction phase of your project or a loan that covers the construction costs and then converts to a traditional mortgage thereafter.
Second, it may make sense to pay points and closing costs to get the lowest available interest rate. Third, you can avoid out-of-pocket closing costs and still get a low-interest rate by adding the points and closing costs to your loan balance. Also, you need to consider the current mortgage rate environment and whether to lock your mortgage rate now during the complete construction phase.
Depending on the anticipated length of the construction phase this could cost you extra money, so you need to be prepared.
Applying for New Home Construction Loans
Use our secure online application for home construction loans. You will need to answer some basic questions regarding your employment, income, and finances.
If you have any questions regarding the loan application you may contact us at. We will contact you within 24 hours to discuss the details of your loan, and assist you with choosing a loan program that best fits your needs and put you well on your way to completing your dream home.
Construction Loan Closing
The closing is the final stage. At the closing you will sign the legal documents. You are now ready to start building your new home! Give us a try, we can help you get a great loan. Some features include:
- Borrower and Builder attend one closing
- Borrower may qualify and close on Construction Loan without selling current residence until completion of new home. Flexible Draw Schedule
- Builder eligible for a deposit at closing (10% Max)
- Loan amount based upon total acquisition costs
- Contractor can include all closing costs and interest in total price. This avoids out of pocket expense from home buyer
- Multiple contracts allowed and will be combined for total acquisition. (i.e. house, pool, lot, boat dock, retaining wall.)